Laser Shapes Results

The resin has firmed up! Sadly, a few areas weren't quite sealed tight, so there was a bit of leakage I had to trim off with an xacto blade.

The resin has firmed up! Sadly, a few areas weren't quite sealed tight, so there was a bit of leakage I had to trim off with an xacto blade.

The alcohol dyes I used produced a muted but charming watercolor effect. But as you can see, there was some color blade between some sections.

The alcohol dyes I used produced a muted but charming watercolor effect. But as you can see, there was some color blade between some sections.

I had fewer leaking issues with these thicker border walls, which makes sense.

I had fewer leaking issues with these thicker border walls, which makes sense.

The glow pigment works pretty great!

The glow pigment works pretty great!

For the second set of shapes, I tried a mica powder coloring effect, and I love the result!

For the second set of shapes, I tried a mica powder coloring effect, and I love the result!

The creamy metallic finish adds a really wonderful texture to the fill.

The creamy metallic finish adds a really wonderful texture to the fill.

The colors compliment each other well, and were very easy to blend.

The colors compliment each other well, and were very easy to blend.

The conclusion of yesterday's resin-art experiments. All in all, this was a much better run than my first, but I think there are still a couple of small changes to make before I'm completely happy with the process. If I can get rid of the leaks, I'll be doing great, but it's going to take some extra steps. Make sure to follow me if you want to keep up on my progress.